Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #1

K2000 not saving shots...

I have a K2000 which most of the time does what it says on the box. Sometimes though when I need to take a lot of photo’s in a short time – say, one shot every six seconds or so for up to a couple of hours – it will start off OK then miss a few and hiccup along like that for a while until it settles down.

The other day, it missed over 100 shots out of just over 700, as I found when I downloaded them, but over the following couple of days it seems to have performed as advertised judging by the numbers of images downloaded (although I’ve not yet checked all the 3000-odd images).

I can hear the shutter clunking away when I press the button and the image shows up on the screen, so I take it as read that the shot is on the card (Sandisk SDHC).

The camera was set to Auto Pict with the ISO at 200, and autofocus on using the kit DAL 18-55 lens. Batteries used are Energiser Ni-MH 2000 mAh and were fully charged.

Can anyone think of a reason why it would randomly do this? or is it time to upgrade to a newer and better Pentax . . .!?

08-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's more likely that the card is to blame, rather than the camera. With that said, if you're looking to upgrade, both the K-30 and K-50 would be a big (yet affordable) step up from your K2000.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1 with card issue.

I have encountered two types of issues:

- the card is not recognised - the simplest way is to switch off the camera, remove the card, then re-insert the card; hopefully it will work

- the card is faulty - the only solution is to throw away the card and use another one - Anytime a card is corrupted, do not reformat it: trash it away.

Hope that the comment may help.
08-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you Adam & hcc for your replies. I had wondered about the card but wanted to run it past folks who know far more than I will ever need to!

I was hoping it wasn't the camera as I quite like it. The K2000 is my first foray into digital photography and I guess this is all part of the learning curve...