Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Meet other shooters in Atlanta Area.

Hope this is correct place to post this. I'm on the UglyhedgeHogForum and met a Nikon user who lives in Dallas, Ga( as I do) He is trying to get others to meet in person and go on outings. This is still in the infant stage. I thought I'd reach out to folks in the area. Camera make is of no importance. Thanks.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by royden; 08-12-2013 at 08:16 PM.
08-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi Royden

There is a group, the Atlanta Pentaxians, which as far as I know has never met. The group is listed in this forum. I'm sure your friend would be welcome, although doubtless subject to a little friendly ribbing. The Zoo or the Botanical Gardens would make a nice outing, although much more pleasant in cooler weather. Here's a google list, I know nothing about any of them. Photography Meetups near Atlanta, Georgia - Photography Meetups - Atlanta
08-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

There are several photo groups/clubs in the Atlanta Metro Area with the oldest/largest being the Atlanta Photography Group on the Tula Art Center in Buckhead. It has regular monthly meetings with discussions/talks/critiques about photography and has one of the finest photo gallery spaces in Atlanta with regular juried and member shows.

Also, October is the Photography month in Atlanta with a lot of activities. It is organized by the ACP (Atlanta Celebrates Photography). Take a look at their web site for details and schedules.

The Atlanta Botanical Garden is an excellent place to visit/meet and photograph flowers, bugs, water reflections and cityscapes. It changes all the time and it is always interesting.

We do have the Atlanta Pentaxians Group here, but the only time I believe we informally met, was at the Pentax Tour in Atlanta a couple years ago. I think we were 7 or 8 there.
08-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
Hi Royden

There is a group, the Atlanta Pentaxians, which as far as I know has never met. The group is listed in this forum. I'm sure your friend would be welcome, although doubtless subject to a little friendly ribbing. The Zoo or the Botanical Gardens would make a nice outing, although much more pleasant in cooler weather. Here's a google list, I know nothing about any of them. Photography Meetups near Atlanta, Georgia - Photography Meetups - Atlanta
Thanks gr. Appreciate the info.

08-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by demp10 Quote
There are several photo groups/clubs in the Atlanta Metro Area with the oldest/largest being the Atlanta Photography Group on the Tula Art Center in Buckhead. It has regular monthly meetings with discussions/talks/critiques about photography and has one of the finest photo gallery spaces in Atlanta with regular juried and member shows.

Also, October is the Photography month in Atlanta with a lot of activities. It is organized by the ACP (Atlanta Celebrates Photography). Take a look at their web site for details and schedules.

The Atlanta Botanical Garden is an excellent place to visit/meet and photograph flowers, bugs, water reflections and cityscapes. It changes all the time and it is always interesting.

We do have the Atlanta Pentaxians Group here, but the only time I believe we informally met, was at the Pentax Tour in Atlanta a couple years ago. I think we were 7 or 8 there.
Thank you demp10. Too many lens to list eh. Wanna take a guess. lol.
08-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by royden Quote
Thank you demp10. Too many lens to list eh. Wanna take a guess. lol.
Last time I counted them, there were over 60 and that did not include the lenses on the 20+ fixed-lens cameras