Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #1

Repair of Carl Zeiss Jena DDR 135mm F3.5

Hi

I have a CZ Jena DDR 135mm F3.5 which has developed an issues. The aperture control ring stopped working for some reason so I took it apart and managed to line up the control lever inside with the switch and got it working again. However it has now stopped working again and the small control lever inside has come off the lens housing.

I can't figure out where it attaches and whether it screwed on or whether it was molded plastic. I hope anyone who has repaired one of these lenses can understand my no very technical explanation.

Can anyone give me some idea of how to go about repairing this lens as until this happened the lens was in perfect working order.

Thanks

08-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour,

Could you include some images ?

Is yours like mine which I have opened and repaired several times ... J

08-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fizzyvimto Quote
Can anyone give me some idea of how to go about repairing this lens
When I disassembled mine, the info provided at Servicing The CZJ 135mm f/3.5 Lens was invaluable.
Hopefully it can help you too.
08-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies. I have the type of lens that is in the link Erdž has posted, not the zebra one. I'm not sure if they're the same inside or whether they are completely different. Erdž do you know if the top part of the lens, with the aperture ring can be taken apart? I heard a rattling when I took it off and a small screw fell out. The aperture lever which has fallen off has a small screw hole so I assume it has worked loose and come off. However I can't see any way to fix it back on and can't see any way of disassembling this part of the lens.

08-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hi

I undid one of the screws on the rear of the lens and managed to take the rear part apart. However now I have a small screw, a spring and a silver rod. I have no idea where these have come from as they fell out when i opened it up.

Here are some pictures:

From left are the aperture lever, main rear assembly mounting screws, small screw for mounting aperture lever (assumed), small screw and spring and silver rod.

Thanks for anyone who can help me make sense of this.

Last edited by fizzyvimto; 08-28-2013 at 05:15 PM.