Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

I know this post is a month old, but I've been having trouble with mine. Sometimes when I've used it with my DA* 50-135, it ends up complaining that one of the colors is overexposed and flat out refusing to do anything with the image. I was able to half-ass it the one time I felt I really needed it by cropping down to just the image, desaturating the red channel very slightly, saving it as a JPG, then importing the JPG into a DNG... but that probably ended up making the reds even more oversaturated.

Anyone else run into that?

10-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I've never seen it do that. You may want to try bracketing your calibration shots. Also they say to use the white balance target of the back side of the color checker before before you actually photograph it. I have seen it reject images because the target is too small, upside down. or tilted. I've also seen it reject a calibration shot because my model's face put it half in shadow. Always make sure the target is evenly lit, parallel to the lens, and avoid side lighting. If side lighting is part of the lighting for your shot, that's fine, but photograph the color checker so that the light is hitting it flat on, then continue with your normal shooting.