Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2013, 09:23 AM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is there a setting on the k-30 to determine what information is retained in memory? There is on the k-5 and maybe that is why there is a difference here?

09-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Al_Kahollick Quote
Did you read post #26??? To be clear, YES, I also tried other methods as well. Doesn't matter what I do between mode switches, the flash mode retains it's setting for each particular shooting mode. I don't see why it would change, if you set up your user settings, those setting are remembered when you return to them from using other shooting modes, are they not? Why would setting the flash mode be any different?

UPDATE:
I've just found that if I access the flash menu in another mode, it does indeed reset the auto flash mode in the auto shooting mode. I'm guessing you have the rear info panel turned off? That would explain the different results we're getting. Mine is on, so when I switch modes, I merely look at the screen to see the flash setting, which remains where I set it. If it were off, I'd have to go into the flash setting menu to check the setting, doing this seems to reset the flash to "on" as opposed to leaving it in "auto". Like I said, I rarely use flash, so it doesn't matter to me, but if you use it regularly, and would prefer it stays in "auto" mode, I suggest you turn your rear info panel back on.
I just returned to town and I can duplicate what your said in your update Al. We are now on the same page again.

I personally think that the built-in flash should remember its last setting for each exposure mode, or at a minimum default to its full auto setting when switching to green/auto mode. It would allow me to get artsy-fartsy in modes other than green/auto mode & certain scene modes, and just flip the dial back to auto for fully automatic flash control. I will admit that most of my use of the built-in flash is when I use my K-30 like a glorified P&S camera - or for wireless P-TTL in controller mode. I am otherwise more likely to use a variety of external light molding tools.