Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Rokinon IRIS issue

I have already emailed Rokinon.. but want to see whether anybody found any solution to this issue. Whenever i click a picture, the aperture is stuck wide open. Here is the video of the exact problem. Please let me know if anybody faced this before and found any solution. I am in india now, and it will take me a while to send back this lens

09-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
Pentaxian

The aperture lever is spring loaded so that it is always trying to close down. I guess the spring must have snapped. Do you notice any resistence when moving the aperture lever? If so, then it must be something else.
09-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
There is no resistance.. it feels like it needs a simple push, then it is fine. Once it is back in its position it is doing fine, unless i push to the maximum (emulating a click). I dont think the spring is snapped.. may be some oil issue i guess
09-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep...aperture stuck. This would be a warranty issue. Rokinon will likely simply replace the lens, assuming, of course, that you do not try and fix it yourself.

Steve

09-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
I got a reply from Rokinon saying that, they will replace the lens.. since it is still in warranty. But, they will charge me 15$ for shipping. That's fine.. but i lost my warranty card.. so need to talk to amazon whether they can replace it based on the online order i placed with them.
09-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mourya Quote
I got a reply from Rokinon saying that, they will replace the lens.. since it is still in warranty. But, they will charge me 15$ for shipping. That's fine.. but i lost my warranty card.. so need to talk to amazon whether they can replace it based on the online order i placed with them.
You should be able to simply provide a copy of your confirmation e-mail from Amazon as proof of purchase.

Steve
09-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You should be able to simply provide a copy of your confirmation e-mail from Amazon as proof of purchase.

Steve
OK. thanks