Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #1

Camera Repair - is this normal?

I had sent my K5 out for repair at a place Pentax uses in Arizona. They received it July 23rd. As of this day, they are "still waiting on the part. They are in between moves so nothing has been sent to finish the repair". I understand that Corporate moves can be time consuming. But is this normal? For those that have had repair done, how long did it take you? Anyhow, my camera was still under warranty when I sent it out. Basically what happened what it just stopped shooting not sure if it's the shutter or what. I'm just getting frustrated. I have another camera but I just want to get an answer better than what they have been giving me since July . Thanks!

09-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If they are waiting to get a part from Pentax Japan, then six weeks isn't that much. I had to wait four months once. CRIS (the place in Arizona) is completely dependent on the manufacturer providing the parts. Hopefully, along with (re)building a dealer network in the US, Ricoh will (re)build the US service structure and speed the flow of parts from Asia.
09-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yeah Pentax is the one that told me they are waiting for a part from the Philippines but also, until the move has been done, they are not sending out any parts. It's just frustrating when they have no idea on when that move is supposed to be completed. Fortunately I have another camera I can use.