Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
k30 Firmware Problem / Now camera won't turn on

So I was trying to update my k30 with the new 1.05 firmware and the first time around it was stuck on the "Now Loading" screen for more than 3 hours. I waited for the battery to die and tried to update my firmware again. It happened again with the "Now Loading" Screen and so I left it aside for the battery to die again, but now my camera won't turn on at all, even with a fresh new battery and sd card. I'm not sure what happened and it would be heartbreaking if I can't fix my camera. Could anyone help me?

09-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aniro Quote
So I was trying to update my k30 with the new 1.05 firmware and the first time around it was stuck on the "Now Loading" screen for more than 3 hours. I waited for the battery to die and tried to update my firmware again. It happened again with the "Now Loading" Screen and so I left it aside for the battery to die again, but now my camera won't turn on at all, even with a fresh new battery and sd card. I'm not sure what happened and it would be heartbreaking if I can't fix my camera. Could anyone help me?
Unfortunately it sounds like a dead puppy. Not sure if it will be covered as most manufacturers say updating firmware is at owners risk
Sorry I can't help

Randy
09-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I hate to tell you, but that sounds bad. They are very specific about NOT letting the battery run out while updating. Instructions always say to use a fully-charged battery or AC adapter. I'm afraid you are going to have to send it in for repair. I hope I'm wrong!
09-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Also, I'm not saying that the firmware itself caused the issue, but I always like to wait a couple of weeks (at least) after a new firmware release to let some others try it and give good reports. And many thanks to you intrepid early adopters!

09-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
I hate to tell you, but that sounds bad. They are very specific about NOT letting the battery run out while updating. Instructions always say to use a fully-charged battery or AC adapter. I'm afraid you are going to have to send it in for repair. I hope I'm wrong!
I know about the battery thing since I've been successful at updating my firmware in the past, but for some reason it just didn't work. I'll call the people at Pentax and see what they can do. Just gotta hope for the best!!
09-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #6

Happened to me before...

Exactly what you are saying happened to me with 1.03 update and like you I let the camera turned on for about 3 hours and then battery went off. After that I turned on my K-30 and everything was ok but the update was not applied.
Then I formated the sd card from my PC and not from in camera format menu, I tried again and it was a success.
Maybe the K-30 users must be cautious with this problem and always format the sd card from PC before they update.
09-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #7

Original Poster
So I called them and they told me to just send it in. The lady that was helping me said that when updating the firmware, it should be fast and should not be hanging on the "Now Loading" screen. Hopefully they can fix it because I've started to really enjoy the world of photography since this is my first DSLR camera
11-27-2013, 02:11 AM   #8

So I called them and they told me to just send it in. The lady that was helping me said that when updating the firmware, it should be fast and should not be hanging on the "Now Loading" screen. Hopefully they can fix it because I've started to really enjoy the world of photography since this is my first DSLR camera
Have your K-30 problem been solved yet?