Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #1

Sigma lens with wiggle / wobble

What is causing this issue with a Sigma 100-300mm f4 lens? And is it repairable? We won't get into the ethics of someone selling this lens without disclosing the issue..... yet. That will be another topic. So until I find out the nature of this problem, I am vacillating between pretty disappointed (if it's easily fixable) to completely irate. Here's how much it wiggles.....

Thanks in advance for your replies.

09-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't know if it's the same issue, but my very old original version Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 had developed considerable "wiggle". I got concerned enough to send it to sigma for repair/tightening/etc. They easily fixed it (for free, mind you--thank you Sigma) and it has the tight tolerances that it used to have.

Hopefully, your problem will be that simply rectified. As for the seller....
09-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #3

If Sigma can fix, then seller pays for shipping and repair or offers refund.
09-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #4

Original Poster
I sent Sigma a link to the clip and they said that they can fix it so I will send it in. Also, after I contacted the seller, they said they would make it right. Apparently their son had been using it for the last several months and they new nothing of the problem. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be smearing the forums with awesome photos from the newly repaired Sigma. In the meantime, I gotta start lifting weights...that thing is heavy.