Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #1

Dented accessory shoe

Hello everyone!

I just purchased a KX but it has a dented accessory shoe. I've seen some replacement on ebay, but I'm not sure it fits all K series models or if there's a specific one. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

09-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I would imagine this to be a fairly standard part as engineers love to reuse existing assemblies when they can. Maybe if you can provide us with some links to the items on eBay we could better judge.

If you attempt to replace this yourself (K-x DSLR) be sure to have an appropriate resistor to discharge the flash capacitor or you may literally be in for a nasty shock. If it is the KX SLR then no worries.

Last edited by Not a Number; 09-16-2013 at 01:03 PM.
09-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks. It's the KX SRL. This is the link from ebay: Asahi Pentax Accessory Shoe | eBay
As there is not much information I'm worried if this is from a spotmatic or from the M series, which I imagine would be smaller. Not sure...
09-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
Pentaxian

The KX has a hot shoe but I suppose you could graft a regular shoe on there if you want and just use a PC cable for the flash.

Pentax KX - Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

Is the top of the camera body damaged too? You might just search on "Pentax Top Cover" of "Pentax Parts" and find a body (parts only) or a KX top cover for sale. That is of course if they will ship to Brazil.

09-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #5

Original Poster
Yes, it is. Maybe I was looking for the wrong part. Thanks!