Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #1

k-5 ii or k-5 iis

I am still trying to figure out what camera to purchase.

Here i sum-up my thoughts

1. I am going to america, so i will order it from eBay / internet, and send it to my famili (over there) before i travle from Denmark
2. Price differance between the 2 cameras, should not be your consern, but my, and I will desside based on what you feedback will be
3. Here is my consern: I will use all differant kind of lenses, cheep, expensive, primes, zoom, superzoom
4. I have
a. Sigma 70-300mm f/1:4-5,6 macro
b. Sigma 10-20mm f4- 5.6 ex dc
c. Pentax-m 50mm f2.0
Interested in
d. Sigma 150-500mm
e. Pentax da 35mm limited
f. Pentax da 18-250mm
5. Will the k-5 iis with out aa filter be suited for all these different lenses, or is the k-5 ii a better choise?

09-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You'll only be able to tell the difference with really sharp lenses at wide apertures, and even then, the difference can only be appreciated when you blow the image up. So I tend to recommend the K-5 II, as you don't run as much of a risk of seeing moire. See our review for more details and a few examples:
Pentax K-5 II / IIs Review - Introduction - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is another analysis that might also be of interest.As Adam pointed out, you will only see a difference with the best lenses when printing large. But, in the analysis above, it also goes to what you are shooting to an extent. They found that you can sharpen the difference away, other than when shooting landscapes - there the K5IIs may have an advantage (given the lenses and printing).

That said, I only have the K5 - so this is just from reading. Waiting to see how the prices go and what Pentax may or may not announce.

09-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
k5IIs is the way to go, no doubt about it. why not get the best lenses while they still are out there , and get the full frame ones.

10-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for your posts, i have just ordered the k-5 ii at a great Price.
Cant wait to go to America and pick up my camera
10-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #6

New to Pentax

I'm looking forward to trying out the Pentax system with a K-5II when the K-3 comes out! Hope you enjoy your K-5II. Looking forward to your review of the machine.
10-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #7

Original Poster
I do hope so too, i was fully aware of an new release from Pentax, the k-3, i figured that's why i got such a great deal on me k-.5 ii.
I will post pictures, and reviews of my lenses here after some usage and experiance