Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #1

K5 problem with shutter and lense

Hi,
I bought my first DSLR the other day from ebay, a pentax k5 with the factory 18-55 lens bundled with a sigma DG70-300.
I am having a weird issue with the shutter in all but the green mode. I press the button all the way and the camera starts to beep, then I have to press it again to take a shot. If I don't it just keeps beeping.

Also the sigma lens has some strange worm like marks on the perimeter of the front lens. Is this normal?
I am attaching 2 images of the lens.

Should I return it?
Thank you.

Attached Images

09-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Forum Member

Oh, I would hate to see this in my lens.
Please mind that I consider myself as quite a newbie, so don't be too alarmed when I tell you that I suspect it is fungus.

Regards,

Bernie
09-22-2013, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It sounds to me as if your camera was in mirror lock-up drive mode. Press the upper button of the 4 way controller, and then go to a single frame shooting (all the way on the left) or other mode.
09-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bernie_Rain Quote
Oh, I would hate to see this in my lens.
Please mind that I consider myself as quite a newbie, so don't be too alarmed when I tell you that I suspect it is fungus.

Regards,

Bernie
I agree

09-22-2013, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxpixie Quote
It sounds to me as if your camera was in mirror lock-up drive mode. Press the upper button of the 4 way controller, and then go to a single frame shooting (all the way on the left) or other mode.
My thoughts as well.

It is likely that many of the controls and settings are at other than default values. Some time with the manual will help you iron things out.

As for the lens, that does look sort of like fungus.

And finally...Welcome to the Pentax Forums!!!

Steve
09-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It is likely that many of the controls and settings are at other than default values. Some time with the manual will help you iron things out.
Yes, the manual is your biggest friend. Just in case your camera didn't come with its manual, you can get a PDF version here: Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
09-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #7

Original Poster
thank you

Thank you all very much for the prompt reply.
The camera was indeed in mirror lock-up drive mode on arrival and although I searched the manual it didn't occur to me :-/
As for the lense I will contant the seller to return it.

P.S. Great forum. I'll stick to it.