Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Need ideas for an assignment

I have a photography assignment and I am trying to compile ideas. Let me know what your thoughts are. The more creative the better and you can add post processing to your ideas as well if adding a differnt background would be best. I am well verse in PS and LR. Here is the assignment:

Make three self-portrait photographs where you role-play three different characters.
  • In the first photograph, you will role-play a fictional character. You can choose the character from movies, literature, comic books, etc.
  • In the second photograph, you will role-play a popular non-fiction character that is regularly in news or entertainment today. It can be a politician, actor, a famous person or an infamous one.
Now you probably need to know what I look like so I attached a recent pic.

09-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
Pentaxian

The Fifth Element
09-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Motorcycles and hotness...hot..er..how can I help?
What was the question?
09-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Motorcycles and hotness...hot..er..how can I help?
What was the question?
Im sorry Laruen, I am so dull since I am a Marine lol. But I have no clue what you mean haha.

09-25-2013, 10:18 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sig0431 Quote
Im sorry Laruen, I am so dull since I am a Marine lol. But I have no clue what you mean haha.
Too funny.

Those are man-man arms, and a chiseled jawline, with just a hint of scrub.
Those arms are not the result of pumping for the sake of pumping, but hard working, strong as in real-life strong.

The kind that holds real tight, against a hard body.

If *you* don't know what I mean, it doesn't really matter.

I have to get out of this thread before it gets NSFW.

Outta here!

09-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Too funny.

Those are man-man arms, and a chiseled jawline, with just a hint of scrub.
Those arms are not the result of pumping for the sake of pumping, but hard working, strong as in real-life strong.

The kind that holds real tight, against a hard body.

If *you* don't know what I mean, it doesn't really matter.

I have to get out of this thread before it gets NSFW.

Outta here!

hahahah god I am dense lol. Thank you for the compliment! That is rare and really appreciated.
09-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mike Rowe in full Dirty Jobs routine.
Hellrider.
09-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Fictional character - yes, anything Bruce Willis. One of the old school strong guys. Of course, from back when they were closer to your age.
Real character - maybe a UFC fighter? Those fight championships also tend to have great photographers, so you can look at some of those photos for inspiration. Or, if you have a nice suit, just about any politician ever Just have to mimic their expression and posture

If you pick out a couple photos, Im sure members here will be able to help you with the setup

Last edited by Na Horuk; 09-25-2013 at 11:24 AM.
09-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
I love all the ideas so far. I think bruce willis will be something cool. Using post production, increasing the clarity and adding a little noise with some dodging and burning will really give that grunge affect. I will have to see if I can find some good res images to use as a background of the picture I take, like a building blowing up. Or maybe something from the 5th element.

A politician could work out pretty good, all I would have to do is take a picture of my back like I was speaking to a crowd and then implant myself in a image of someone giving a speech where people are holding up signs in support.

Keep the ideas coming if you have anymore. Thanks a lot!
09-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Thats good settings.
Good backgrounds can often be found in exhibition halls, hotel lobbies, malls (furniture store! Though, they usually kick you out pretty fast and tell you to delete the photos) and museums. Provided they let you take photos. Make sure the camera is perfectly parallel to the walls, use a tripod and Av mode, f8.