Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #1

Autofocus problem

I've had my K20 since they were introduced and it has been hassle free.

However on holiday in the US recently I was (and am) unable to use the AF in Single shot mode. The camera will just not focus. Its fine in Continuos and Manual. I've checked everything I can think of and re-set to factory setting but to no avail. It is not the end of the world but I'd just like to work properly!

Regards

Stephen

09-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Forum Member

When pressing the display button, does it show that you are in AF mode with in AF single position?
09-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm odd that AF.C would work, but not AF.S. Charge up your battery, leave it outside the camera for some hours. Clean the lens and camera mount so its free of grime. Maybe try a firmware update.
Also, the reset to factory defaults should have fixed any menu choices, but look at the AF menu settings once again just in case.