Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I want to get one of those to add to my collection at some point. I have the 75-260mm and that things heavy enough as it is!
Actually I really like it. Even with it focusing past infinity and some other quirks. My sears lens has become my concert lens:

09-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Super find - congrats!
09-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats, on your stellar find!
10-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I hit garage sales any time I can...and have a couple of bucks...

Let's see...3 or 4 ME's and ME Supers, I think $10 was the most expensive, and my M 50mm f1.7 was on one of them, a couple of M 50mm 1.4 lenses on others, only one didn't work right, the others got me good pictures for several years. One was 4 bucks, worked perfect for about 10 years before it finally started acting up.

A3000 and Pentax A 50mm f1.4 at a pawn shop for $30, same shop I got a MV (I think) for my sister and they let me swap lenses for a 28mm on another camera, I didn't need another 50mm, and yes I checked to see if it was a f1.2 first...nope...

Don't think I have a lens that cost more than $35, that was my favorite Vivitar 200mm M42 I've been using the past 3 or 4 years, now it's having major issues, won't focus at infinity and nothing focuses clear, I've opened it up twice and no dice, so I guess when my band starts booking some gigs I'll be looking for another long prime...and right now that really sucks, I was watching a half dozen Roseate Spoonbills on the lake a few minutes ago, nothing to do but try with a 135mm...

Anyway...Lentar 135mm M42 was $22 I think, nice sturdy and very old Safe-Lock tripod my sister got for about 5 bucks, the thing is built like a tank and probably as old as I am, 3 or 4 flashes under $5 each...

Aside from camera gear, I've picked up a guitar for $4, another for $2, nice rifle case $2, the list goes on...and on...

10-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I bought a padded brief case full of equipment at a newly opened pawn shop for $25. They put an ad in Craigs List that was very non-descript. When I got there and saw it I thought I would start shaking as the first two items I saw were Super Tak 50s. It contained an AUTO Mamiya/Sekor SX 21mm f4.0, Vivitar 35mm 1:1.9 Auto Wide-Angle, Soligor Miranda 250mm f4.5, Super Takamar 135mm f3.5, two Super-Takumar 50mm f1.4s, Spotmatic, Aetna Extension Tubes, Chelsea 2X Teleconverter, Lentar 3X Teleconverter, and Honeywell Pentax Bellows. I used all of the lenses for a while but have since sold them. I would have never sold the Mamiya 21 if I could have used it on my K20d without mods, it was just too beautiful to hack up.
10-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Sears kr 60-300 baby!! You can beat a mugger with it and then take his photo for the cops!!!
I had a Kalimar 60-300 3.9, about the size of a baseball bat and weight of a Buick, it was pretty average.
10-03-2013, 04:56 AM   #22
Pentaxian

I'm a big believer in garage sales and estate sales. The most recent thing I found was an Olympus XA. It was in a box of junk and I think I paid $1 for it. Took it home, put batteries in it, and it works great! Bought a Diana camera for 50 cents. Went to one garage sale where a guy had an old Rotel receiver that he wanted $1 for. I asked him if it worked and he said he hadn't used it in several years, but it was working the last time he used it. I guess I hesitated just long enough because his wife said, "Isn't today half price day?" He said, "I think it is. How about 50 cents?" I laughed and said, "Sure...why not?" He was right...it did work. I've got it hooked up in my back bedroom. I also went to a neighborhood garage sale one time and was browsing through a table full of assorted stuff when I spotted a tiny leather case. I knew I had seen one of those cases before, but I couldn't remember what went in it. I kept thinking it was a cigarette lighter or something. When I got around to finally picking it up and looking at it, it dawned on me what it was. It was a Minox. I went over to pay for it and the lady said, "Do you know what that thing is?" I said, "Yeah...it's a little camera. You used to see them in all the spy movies where they be copying documents." She said, "I'll be darned. It was my uncle's and we never knew what it was. This was the third garage sale it's been through and if it didn't sell today, we were going to throw it out. You're the first person who knew what it was." Guess the uncle must have been the only photographer in their family.