Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #1

Pentax ME Super

I recently bought a Pentax ME Super for a friend after I got a K1000, which I love, and when I got home I noticed something was wrong. The mirror was up, the shutter wouldn't move, film advance was stuck and the shutter wouldn't fire. I got the shutter, film advance and mirror to move by carefully moving the shutter up manually and that fixed that. But it still wouldn't fire, it would wind but not fire, I opened the bottom cap and noticed the film transport wasn't catching. I forcefully twisted and messed with it and 1 every 4 shots would fire and I get fidgeting with that little circle. I got it to go to one every 2 then I little more and I got it fixed! I now own a like new Pentax ME Super and K-1000 and love both. Film rocks!

10-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like it's in need of a good clean and lube. That pretty much describes what a couple of mine are doing, or similar anyway, so I retired them and have one working ME right now and a Minolta SRT101. One will fire but it takes 15 minutes before the mirror will drop back down...can you say Clean Me????
10-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paleo Pete Quote
One will fire but it takes 15 minutes before the mirror will drop back down...can you say Clean Me????
Talk about some sticky light seals.
10-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Oh yeah, gummed up for sure...

10-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's old and needs some TLC. Mine did and after getting it cleaned/repaired it's as good as new.
10-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #6

Original Poster
Yep, it's was very dirty! Once I got it working, it's just dandy! I still love my k-1000 though, he's a beaute!