Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Exposure time problem with k-x and bright light

Hello,

today i went first time with k-x and M1.7/50mm outside to get some work with this new to me lens and i encountered a problem..
When i shot in normal/low light i click green button and everything works fine - I get right time for set ISO, photos are good

When i try to shot against sun/lamp or try to make a photo of well lighted object i click the green button and get time 0,3s and fully white photos, while it should be like 1/2500 or something like this..
anyone got any idea why is that happening? do i have some settings wrong, what is going on or is it normal?

10-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
dms
Site Supporter

The exposure is above the maximum the camera (sensor) can handle--so it gives some kind of default value.
10-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
dms
Site Supporter

BTW if you are concerned that the camera is not able to meter when it should--you may want to meter a white paper illuminated by the mid day sun. I would think it should be able to handle that and about 2 e.v. (stops) higher. And I did check my K-x, it does show 0.3 s when it is too large an light intensity (what I am calling exposure in my earlier reply).
10-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank You for fast answer

10-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I get the odd wonky exposure setting from using the Green button. I cycle the camera off and back on, and the green button metering settles down. Cannot explain why this should be the case.