Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Canadian Rockies, Fall driving trip

Qualicum Beach to Smithers, fishing steelhead for a week. Then driving through Prince George to Jasper, Alberta. Staying a couple of nights, before driving The Icefields Parkway to Lake Louise, were we stayed a few days, visiting Banff and friends in Calgary, before returning to Lake Louise. From Lake Louise to Revelstoke, were we drove to the top, at over 6000ft, great views. Then on to Kamloops, visiting friends for two days, before returning to Vancouver Island, having driven 4000KM. A great trip, seeing amazing scenery.
Camera; Pentax K-5, Lens 18-135mm and a few with Olympus TG-820 Tough waterproof.

https://picasaweb.google.com/peerodde/FallDrivingHoliday

10-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stunning driving trip! I did it myself many years ago.
10-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
Site Supporter

How was the fishing? I've spent many hours waste deep in Vancouver Island rivers, but not the interior. Thanks for sharing.
10-14-2013, 04:19 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice! I'm jealous! And even better on a bike!

10-14-2013, 04:53 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excellent trip!!! Thanks for sharing.
10-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Stunning driving trip! I did it myself many years ago.
Mark,
thanks, I for one would love to go back to New Zealand, we spent a week on the North island in october 2010, would love to spend our winter there, January or February, perhaps You know a place to rent, on the cheap, flights are so expensive.
greetings,
Peer
10-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
How was the fishing? I've spent many hours waste deep in Vancouver Island rivers, but not the interior. Thanks for sharing.
Matt,
fishing was very poor, only got two steelhead in the week, were normally one can expect to hook a couple a day, and as I have gone there twenty years in a row, one does hit the jackpot sometimes, and I have had six to nine steelhead a few time, and those days I shall never forget.
thanks,
Peer
10-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foto guy Quote
Nice! I'm jealous! And even better on a bike!
thanks, to all, for Your kind words.
Peer

10-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ladybug36 Quote
Mark,
thanks, I for one would love to go back to New Zealand, we spent a week on the North island in october 2010, would love to spend our winter there, January or February, perhaps You know a place to rent, on the cheap, flights are so expensive.
greetings,
Peer
Hi Peer
I have a friend with a nice holiday house at Kuratau on Lake Taupo. Great fishing around the lake. See this link: Central North Island/Lake Taupo/Kuratau holiday home rental accommodation - Lake Vista - Kuratau Holiday Home
If you want it for a good amount of time I'd put you onto him directly as I'm sure he'll cut you a special deal for a longer rental.
If you need somewhere to crash near Wellington, let me know.
Yes, flights are a killer. But have you ever flown to South Africa? Just as expensive!
Kind regards,
Mark
10-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Hi Peer
I have a friend with a nice holiday house at Kuratau on Lake Taupo. Great fishing around the lake. See this link: Central North Island/Lake Taupo/Kuratau holiday home rental accommodation - Lake Vista - Kuratau Holiday Home
If you want it for a good amount of time I'd put you onto him directly as I'm sure he'll cut you a special deal for a longer rental.
If you need somewhere to crash near Wellington, let me know.
Yes, flights are a killer. But have you ever flown to South Africa? Just as expensive!
Kind regards,
Mark
mark,
thanks, we will pass on New Zealand this winter, and thanks for the offer.
yes I have flown to South Africa this year, 22 hour total flight time, plus waiting in London four hours, makes for a long day.
You can see my pictures from Africa here: https://picasaweb.google.com/peerodde/MySouthAfricaAdventure
keep taking pictures,
Peer
10-15-2013, 12:30 AM   #11
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ladybug36 Quote
mark,
thanks, we will pass on New Zealand this winter, and thanks for the offer.
yes I have flown to South Africa this year, 22 hour total flight time, plus waiting in London four hours, makes for a long day.
You can see my pictures from Africa here: https://picasaweb.google.com/peerodde/MySouthAfricaAdventure
keep taking pictures,
Peer
Cool. I can see my childhood house in one of your Cape Town photos! Cape Point not the most Southern tip - that would be Cape Agulhas!
22 hours is a stretch alright! I did a 4-day round trip a year ago when my father was on his last legs. Completely stuffed at the end of it.
10-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #12

I just got back from driving (and hiking) with my k30 and 18-135 lens through Montana, Alberta and B.C. Sure are some beautiful places in that area of the world. Was fortunate enough to hike the Tonquin Valley Trail. Didn't see a soul for 4 days and truly felt like I had Jasper Park to myself. Weather sure wasn't as nice as it was for you. Great shots of Mt. Robson, nice to see it free of clouds. Keep trippin. Cheers!