Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
lens adapters so that i can use Pentax lenses on an Olympus E-PL1

I suffered a stroke some 4 years ago, and one of the legacies I suffer in loss of strength and the use of my right hand and arm. I have recently purchased an Olympus mirrorless camera simply because I can hold it easily in my left hand - unlike my K10D, which is just too heavy. (Shame no one makes left handed cameras!)

Recently I discovered that numerous organisations manufacture different adapters enabling the use of Pentax K lenses on an E-PL1.

Has anyone got first hand knowledge of how well these adapters work, and which is the best?

10-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter

You might do better to buy new lenses for the Olympus. Pentax lenses will not have autofocus when mounted with an adapter. DA lenses will not have aperture control unless there is an aperture ring built into the adapter.
10-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

for what it's worth, you might be able to rig something up like this:
Lefty Camera Grip with Shutter Release | Gregory Kemp | Profressional Photographer

A left-handed grip, with a remote control taped onto it for the shutter release.
10-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Hi Darius,
If you want to use manual K lenses, the simplest adaptor will do.

Tonight I put the Pentax K 24mm on the E_PL1 and I can hold it left handed OK in landscape and even easier in portrait.
Also the E_PL1 has a square format (6x6 ) which might make it easier.
The E_PL1 is pretty rough above iso 400, on the other hand it has in body shake reduction and also an excellently controlled on board flash.
The 18mm lenses are ideal for this camera, and as I don't have a K, I use a Pentax-110 1:2.8 18mm, which makes for a small and light camera.
Here is I photo I took of the E_PL-1 in left hand, along with the lens adaptors (These are home built adaptors, but I think they are readily available).

Hope you get it working!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
10-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks soooo much, guys!