Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mystery mount

This came with a hanimar 300mm. I thought I was getting a T-mount lens but no! Unscrewing the bayonet exposes a normal M42 1mm pitch mount. This is correct in operation I checked infinity focus. I have a vague recollection from browsing of seeing lenses with bayonets unscrewing to leave M42 mount - russian lenses? Tair? Whatever! I am just a bit mystified by the bayonet. Its about 5mm thick which suggests a flange distance (register) of ~50mm. Practina??

All black so a bit difficult to photograph but shows the salient features. Any ideas?

Attached Images

10-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Pentax and Nikon are the only two I know of that have that notch in the flange, but that one does not appear to be in the correct position to be either.

SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide

Examples there, nothing that matches that mount that I can find.
10-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Its not PK or nik - I compared with adaptall mounts and tried caps. I originally thought it was a nikon T-mount when I bid on the lens. That little stud sticking out the right side is like OM.......
10-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Nikon T mount.
Nikon locks counter clockwise, Pentax clockwise that puts the locking notch on opposite sides.

10-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobpur Quote
Nikon T mount.
Nikon locks counter clockwise, Pentax clockwise that puts the locking notch on opposite sides.
Yep, looks to be Nikon T-mount adapter. If it is beware...the M42 screw for the mount is 0.75mm and NOT 1mm pitch. If it is not, it might be an adapter from M42 to some other mount. It is definitely not Praktina (those were breech-lock), and would have to be something with a slightly longer registration distance than M42. (T-mount is 55mm)

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-25-2013 at 10:16 PM.
10-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Non-infinity focus M42 --> Nikon F adapter?
10-26-2013, 05:15 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Non-infinity focus M42 --> Nikon F adapter?
That sounds plausible. Its not a T-mount adapter - wrong thread (1mm pitch as for M42).

Thanks for chipping in gents.

10-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #8

A neighbor once gave me a box of old Konica and Pentax K mount lenses. They looked quite a bit alike and the Konicas would almost fit. I sold all the Konicas on Ebay so I can't do a comparison for you.
10-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steven Chain Quote
A neighbor once gave me a box of old Konica and Pentax K mount lenses. They looked quite a bit alike and the Konicas would almost fit. I sold all the Konicas on Ebay so I can't do a comparison for you.
Nowt to do with Konica - the Konica mount is illustrated on Rick Olesons lens mount page link above. No its definitely a Nikon fit - the notch in the flange for the locking pin is distinctive and the position distinguishes from PK as mentioned by Bobpur. Odd mount though, only good for macro work really... but thanks for your thoughts