Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #1

K10D connectivity issue with win7

Hello everyone,

Im having troubles with connecting my K10D camera with my laptop (OS Windows 7). It appears to me that this is due to the missing USB drivers, but Im not sure. The problem is that I cant find them anywhere (ones that are suitable for Win 7) and I read several articles that said it is not neccessary to install USB drivers for Win 7. So if you happen to know where I could either get them or how to solve this problem I would be glad

(Note: I need to connect my camera in order to use remote control program (PK Tether), not to transfer pictures)

11-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Update your USB drivers from your laptop makers website.
11-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a K10D and a Windows 7 laptop that I had never connected to so I just went downstairs to give it a try. It worked, no problem. Here is what I did:
  1. Boot the computer and login using an account with administrator privileges
  2. With the camera off, attach the camera to the computer with the USB cable
  3. Turn the camera on. The computer should indicate that it is installing the device drivers. No download, no drama. Once installed, it should ask you what to do next.
  4. You should be able to connect from all accounts (not just admin) from then on
There is nothing particularly special about the USB drivers. The camera identifies as a generic bulk storage device. As for remote tether over USB with the K10D using pk tether...that may require more than the standard bulks storage drivers. Have you installed the .NET framework (v3.5 or better)? You might want to contact the author. #tkos is a member here, though not very active.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-05-2013 at 04:46 PM.