Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2013, 01:27 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Lens road maps

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if lenses on the lens road maps are definitely going to be released or if its what we expect/think will be released next? Im trying to find information on the 100 ish to 400 ish lens that is on the road map but it doesnt even say what it will be released.

Thanks in advance

11-09-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Reptilezz Quote
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if lenses on the lens road maps are definitely going to be released or if its what we expect/think will be released next? Im trying to find information on the 100 ish to 400 ish lens that is on the road map but it doesnt even say what it will be released.

Thanks in advance
The roadmap is just meant to give users a general idea of what's coming. The lenses may or may not come out and may or may not be changed based on the market, sales, customer feedback, etc.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Reptilezz Quote
Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance
There's a lot of us waiting for that one.
11-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
There's a lot of us waiting for that one.
+1 I am debating between DA*300 and the 120-400 or whatever. Would like closer to 400 so I'm still waiting but DA*300 is still tempting.

Ricoh does seem to be completing things on the road map, maybe not as fast as we want but they are ticking off their to do list.

11-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Got tired of waiting for the 16-85 DA* or whatever the numbers were going to end up being and picked up a cheap 28-75 tamron.

I wish more of these things were weather sealed. A huge part of the reason I decided to switch to Pentax was the weather sealing.

The new HD limited lenses, they could have at least sealed the rear element and mount to ensure the body is sealed even if the rest of the lens isn't.