Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Ordering from fs.com is fine. Total cost for an s-screen with shipping is right at US$100. If they're in stock, it takes about two weeks or so and you'll need to sign for it. It'll have a lot of customs documents attached to it, but doesn't affect you whatsoever. I've ordered 3 or 4 from him with never a problem.

As far as the markings, just get what you think you'd like the best. Impossible to know what the future buyer of your camera would prefer. I prefer the grid because it gives me some reference lines, but I prefer not to have the AF area markings because it keeps the center of the frame less cluttered.

11-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #32

Original Poster
Thank you! I kept reading stuff about customs and it concerned me greatly. Now that I have all that cleared up, all that's left is to try out the original screen and see if I want to buy another. Thank you everyone for helping me know the pros and cons so I can make an informed decision. I really, really appreciate it.
11-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #33

I asked them to mark it at $20USD.

Originally I was going to get a blank screen but instead I got the AF Frame markings as I realized that I wouldn't have a middle reference point when I looked at the stock screen into a lightbox. Plus I do not superimpose the AF as I find it annoying so for me it gives me a better idea of the auto focus area. Was tempted to get the Grid though.