Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm also severely myopic. About -4.75 & -5.25 "ish". I Flux depending on the time of year, cycle, hydration, glasses vs contacts, etc.

11-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's where my range was when I was younger. Bad enough to make walls hard to see.
12-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #33

I thought my eyesight was bad until I read this thread. -2.00 and +1.75. I feel for you all.
12-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
-7.5 or so in my left eye, -6 in the right. LASIK would've been worth 10x the price.
Thankfully the Army paid for my surgery, but I can now say, after 4 years of forgetting what it's like to blindly search for glasses and contacts that fall out (or get stuck/lost after sleeping with them in), that eye surgery was the single greatest thing I have ever done in my life. I was -7 in both eyes before, and like I said I have completely and utterly forgotten what it's like to require glasses, which is a surreal thought since I'd worn them since I was 6 years old.

The only difference is that I was not allowed to get LASIK. It has to be PRK (LASIK creates a flap, while PRK just burns and polishes your eye - the risk of the flap coming undone under extreme physical conditions in the military was too great so it was banned by the Academy hospital where I had it for all cadets).

Too bad they can't fix color blindness, because that'd be next for me...God do I hate fixing white balance

-Heie