11-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
weird , didn't know Flickr crashed Android devices

11-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RKKS08 Quote
Better not to attach pictures that wide to PS postings.
He indicated that he was unaware at the time of posting. I am with you, however that outsize images should be auto-magically reduced when uploaded here. Unfortunately, that is not possible for linked images from Flickr and elsewhere. In that case, it would be nice if the mods could do a little police work.

Perhaps a sticky in the form of a tutorial might be in order?

Steve
11-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OldNoob Quote
weird , didn't know Flickr crashed Android devices
Huge files do as do images with pixel dimensions greater than available buffer size. Your image was served by Flickr, but failed on the client device due to its size. The fault is with the file, not Flickr.

What you should do is to only link to photos with, say, a maximum of 800 or 1000 pixels on the longest dimension. (Your's is 4936px vertical and 3272 horizontal.) 800 pixels is plenty large for Web viewing and compatible with most displays. Flickr gives you the option of generating the BB code for any number of resolutions. Choose one of the smaller versions and paste the BB code directly into the message box here.

Or, even better, don't upload a full resolution file to Flickr in the first place. I NEVER upload the full resolution version to Flickr due to the risk of image piracy. What I do upload is a size appropriate for Web display. Small sizes are not as useful to the pirate. As noted above, 800 pixels on the long side is usually more than adequate.

As for you thinking that your were linking to a smaller version, I would suggest that you click through on the link at the top of your post. Now mouse over the image. See the little "+" cursor? Now left-click with your mouse...ohhhhh...

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-22-2013 at 06:41 PM.
11-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Agreed, I never put my Portfolio on Flickr, just sample shots, My portfolio address requires a password and is reserved for serious potential clients, family and close friends. I don't even upload my good shots here.