Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax AF Teleconverter

Hi There,
I was trying to find Pentax AF Teleconverter 1.7 but no luck. I guess They disconnect. Will they bring a new Pentax AF Teleconverter soon? I hope they come before Christmas. I tried to find Pentax Teleconverter database and review but they don't have it. Thanks.

11-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Not soon; there is an 1.4x on the lens roadmap (marked '2014 or later' if no mistaken)
11-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are you looking for the Pentax 1.7x AFA? If so that is here: SMC Pentax-F 1.7x AF Adapter Reviews - Pentax K-mount Teleconverters and Adapters - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
It is still available, used or new old stock, but is pricy.

If you are looking for a true AF TC then your options are limited. There are a few 1.4x that have screwdrive, and a couple that sort of work with SDM but not always and not reliably, at least by reports.

Ricoh has a new TC on the lens road map but no way of knowing when it will be released. They just updated the road map and changed the TC to HD so I guess that means it is still happening
11-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The AFA 1.7x is not hard to find on the used market, as long as you are willing to pay at least $300-$350 for it...

11-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
KDD
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok Thanks I tried to look Amazon and B&H but not there.
Amazon.com: Pentax AF Teleconverter

Pentax Converter| B&H Photo Video=

They disconnect. so I can wait a new roadmap soon.

What do you think about Vivator and Sigma?

I don't want USED Teleconverter. I prefer NEW.... Smile
11-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by KDD Quote
Ok Thanks I tried to look Amazon and B&H but not there.
Amazon.com: Pentax AF Teleconverter

Pentax Converter| B&H Photo Video=

They disconnect. so I can wait a new roadmap soon.

The 1.7x converter has been out of production for a while. There are other third-party converters that support autofocus, just not with manual lenses on the other end of the converter like this one does.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Well, there aren't any since they haven't made it in years. But there are plenty in excellent, good-as-new condition to be found if you want it. (With pouch, maybe even with original box -- now you're gonna pay $400ish though.)

11-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They disconnect.
Just curious what you mean by this?

The Sigmas (if I remember correctly) can only be used with certain lenses. There is a 1.4x and 2.0x that are to be used some lenses but the rear elements of other lenses will hit the TCs elements which is bad. I think there is a list of lenses on the Sigma site that they can be used with.

The Vivitar and I think several other brands that are all the same, like Bower are OK, but are screw drive and may not work with SDM lenses.
11-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi There,
I was trying to find Pentax AF Teleconverter 1.7 but no luck. I guess They disconnect. Will they bring a new Pentax AF Teleconverter soon? I hope they come before Christmas. I tried to find Pentax Teleconverter database and review but they don't have it. Thanks.
A little search doesn't hurt ... !
Did you ever try here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/242112-sal...converter.html

JP