Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
We have a CLP package booked. I also have dinner booked in DHS one night to see the Osborne Lights.

12-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #32

Photos: Albums
I just went to WDW this summer, so I have some very practical experience in this matter. I took my DA 40mm Ltd. and the 18-135mm. We went in August. This is my experience only, and ymmv yada yada yada.

1. The DA 40mm Ltd. stayed on my camera 97% of the time.
2. 40mm was a bit tight in some situations, so I would rather have had the 35mm and from my experience, 50mm would be much too tight. HOWEVER, I took a lot of shots of us standing in line too.
3. The 18-135 was nearly useless, a brick in my backpack. Again, this was in Aug. and this was my direct experience. When stepping from the warm, muggy day into the cold, A/C of the bus, and then riding for 20 min. and re-entering the hot, muggy day fogged both the 40mm and 18-135, which is not unexpected. HOWEVER, while the 40mm would clear in a minute or two, the complex build of the 18-135 meant it didn't clear for hours. I may have been doing something wrong, I don't know, but a) the fogging was consistent and frustrating so I abandoned the 18-135 by the 4th day. I tried leaving the lens mounted, leaving it in my backpack, unmounted by hand-held, everything I could think of and it still fogged. I sold it as soon as I got home.
4. From the list, I would mount the 35mm and never take it off.
12-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but where on a Pentax Ltd lens barrel do I find the serial number for said lens? My lens boxes from B&H have stickers over stickers with bar codes and crap and all the numbers appear consistent. If I wanted to register my new lenses with Pentax, for example, what number of the dozens available on the packaging would I use?
12-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
...where on a Pentax Ltd lens barrel do I find the serial number for said lens?
On the front surface (under the hood).

12-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #35
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tele_pathic Quote
I just went to WDW this summer, so I have some very practical experience in this matter. I took my DA 40mm Ltd. and the 18-135mm. We went in August. This is my experience only, and ymmv yada yada yada.

1. The DA 40mm Ltd. stayed on my camera 97% of the time.
2. 40mm was a bit tight in some situations, so I would rather have had the 35mm and from my experience, 50mm would be much too tight. HOWEVER, I took a lot of shots of us standing in line too.
3. The 18-135 was nearly useless, a brick in my backpack. Again, this was in Aug. and this was my direct experience. When stepping from the warm, muggy day into the cold, A/C of the bus, and then riding for 20 min. and re-entering the hot, muggy day fogged both the 40mm and 18-135, which is not unexpected. HOWEVER, while the 40mm would clear in a minute or two, the complex build of the 18-135 meant it didn't clear for hours. I may have been doing something wrong, I don't know, but a) the fogging was consistent and frustrating so I abandoned the 18-135 by the 4th day. I tried leaving the lens mounted, leaving it in my backpack, unmounted by hand-held, everything I could think of and it still fogged. I sold it as soon as I got home.
4. From the list, I would mount the 35mm and never take it off.
Just like winter shooting in Minnesota but in reverse. I put the cold camera with lens in ziplock gallon freezer bag before going inside and don't take it out until there is no condensation on the outside of the bag. WDW ride in AC chilled bus cooled camera and lens below dew point temp. August in FLA probably has dew point of 74-80 degrees. Bang! Condensed moisture on gear when you leave the bus. I suggest bagging camera and lens while in the chilled bus and not opening bag until the gear is ambient temperature.