Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, check this tripod:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/221192383209

12-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #17
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bam_19 Quote
Tripod help
Take you time, do your homework and just buy one decent tripod that will last you a lifetime, rather than many cheaper versions.

Which works out more expensive in the longer run.
12-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #18
Site Supporter

That Sirui does look pretty good and I would consider it if I wasn't happy with my Induro. If you can, definitely go to a store where lots of tripods are on display and check them out. I was able to and found a super sturdy and tall Induro that was very reasonably priced. And as stated before the head is very important. Look at the weight ratings for both, as there are a lot of tripods that were made for small consumer video cameras that are lightweight. You might find a good used one on Craigslist but be careful. Every thrift shop seems to have tripods, but they are usually the junk you want to avoid.
12-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Further comments and things I like and don't like about the Sirui 025:

I like the design of the head, but it is very small. I want to buy the same design but larger, so that my clumsy fingers can use it better. I would like a head with built in spirit levels too, but every extra adds weight...

The removable tripod/camera plate thingy is very small, and securing it to the tripod uses a screw in knob. That can be slow and fiddly. They are cheap to replace so I intend to buy a few spares, and have one permanently mounted on all our cameras. I believe the next size up also fits the 025, I will use them if poss.

Someone reviewing on B&H complains that it takes 15 actions to set it up. Not true, and anyway you set it up once, mount the camera, then it is so light you carry it over your shoulder, singing "Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go".

Summary: It's lighter than a lens, and the best tripod is the one you have with you.

12-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #20

Photos: Albums
Make a user profile with the settings for a tripod, and head over to the store, and ask if they mind if you test a few of them out.

I've tried the Triopo MX-1327 myself. Biggest issue I've found with it during quick testing: slow assembly and disassembly. (if you need to radically change height)
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/22-pentax-camera-field-accessories/235249...ipod-legs.html

Important settings in my pod-user profile:
shake reduction /off
slow shutter speed NR /on
remote /On (remote or self-timer only way for k-30 or 50 to achieve mirror-lockup)