Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #31
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 145
Original Poster
Well, it is really boring to continue writing in this topic and discussing something not related to pentax camera or lenses.
But this is something real and will really impress you.

The buyer sent me a message and asked me to go to his lab to see something. To avoid further disturbing, I have to block his number. And half an hour later, the buyer showed up in front of my office. Yes, for real. He want to show me the video he took about his radioactive experiment, "kindly" educated me the lens is dangerous and and advised me not using them any more. And of course he did't forget ask for refund.

He has seen this thread and said it is what you guys think. I respect every members's comments. So please don't get pissed. He just refused listening. And then, guess What? Please remember what he said! My colleagues and I cannot stop making fun of these words. He asked me "who is your director?" What? Any logical thinking here? Need help to understand him. And yes both he and I are adults.

Now it is nothing about money and it is something about right and wrong.

Will keep updating if someone is interested.

12-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #32
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 4,989
QuoteOriginally posted by xinanbei Quote
Well, it is really boring to continue writing in this topic and discussing something not related to pentax camera or lenses.
But this is something real and will really impress you.

The buyer sent me a message and asked me to go to his lab to see something. To avoid further disturbing, I have to block his number. And half an hour later, the buyer showed up in front of my office. Yes, for real. He want to show me the video he took about his radioactive experiment, "kindly" educated me the lens is dangerous and and advised me not using them any more. And of course he did't forget ask for refund.

He has seen this thread and said it is what you guys think. I respect every members's comments. So please don't get pissed. He just refused listening. And then, guess What? Please remember what he said! My colleagues and I cannot stop making fun of these words. He asked me "who is your director?" What? Any logical thinking here? Need help to understand him. And yes both he and I are adults.

Now it is nothing about money and it is something about right and wrong.

Will keep updating if someone is interested.
I am a Ph.D student and my colleagues as well. By the way.
It is true, it is radioactive, you can measure it with proper instrument and everything. None of that is news. That doesn't make it "dangerous", and there are many other household and common items that can also be shown to be radioactive. So what?
12-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #33
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,873
I travel often through airports. Never when I took it with me through security did it show up as radioactive enough to bother the airport security. Can't be too bad!
12-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #34
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 145
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
It is true, it is radioactive, you can measure it with proper instrument and everything. None of that is news. That doesn't make it "dangerous", and there are many other household and common items that can also be shown to be radioactive. So what?
I cannot agree more.
I am still owning about 10 so called radioactive lenses.

S T 50 1.4

SMc 50 1.4

S t 55 1.8 two of them

S-m-c 35 2

Yashinon ds 50 1.7

Pancolar 50 1.8 zebra

More but cannot remember right now.
Oh my ... , my memory is affected by the radioactive.

And I still have no idea how didi he find my office location. But good job on that, dude.

12-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #35
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,187
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
That would be your fastest 100% investment return.
Except that the seller (the OP) already has cash in hand and the item in the buyer's hand. There is no reason to deal further with the buyer at this point.


Steve
12-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #36
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,873
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Except that the seller (the OP) already has cash in hand and the item in the buyer's hand. There is no reason to deal further with the buyer at this point.


Steve
But you would only do a refund if you get the stuff back - in original condition and then have it to sell again.

The answer to someone who wants money back is that they must return the stuff in original condition, reversing the original deal. If they want the item they must think it is OK.
12-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #37
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 145
Original Poster
I have the money and he has the lens. The two reasons make him not give up, I think, are: 1. I didn't tell him it is radioactive, and 2, I gave him a promise to full refund if the lens has quality problem.

For reason one, I spent an hour teaching him mounting adapter, how to use manual focus lenses, and how to check the condition of old lenses. These things are something most important when buying old lenses, IMHO. I have owned more than 100 lenses, including both radioactive and non. I have never seen any sellers and retail stores put this warning in their description. How could people remember to tell him this when selling? What I had told you has been more than I should.

For reason two, I was more than nice enough to give the buyer that promise. This promise has never been seen on craigslist deals, I believe. I am confident about the lens I sold. I believe one hour is long enough to inspect a lens quality when he was taught using the lens. Last but not least, the buyer should learn the definition of the "quality problem". If we was not from the same country and I was not so nice to him, he wouldn't keep bothering me.

Thanks guys for your comments.

I hope my dear buyer can read all of these carefully and leave me alone. You don't have to appreciate the help I gave to you and taking my adapter for 5 bucks. Learn some basic human society rules and morality. You are a grown-up, an adult. Call the police or sue me if you want to.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, pentax help, photography, quality, question, takumar
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1:1.4/50 (50MM 1.4), No Yellowing $78 grahame Sold Items 2 05-29-2013 08:08 AM
SMC Takumar 1:1.4/50 PROBLEM: Help :( susfu Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 6 01-06-2013 10:43 PM
For Sale - Sold: Fast 50mm primes: S-M-C takumar 50/1.4 (UV treated, no yellowing), Ricoh 50/1.4 PK grahame Sold Items 13 12-30-2012 07:34 AM
For Sale - Sold: Super Takumar 50/1.4 SMC Pentax-M 50/1.4 ddhytz Sold Items 2 10-01-2012 03:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top