Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No info on LCD

The LCD screen will not show any info the top works fine but the back LCD screen is just blank live view works the menu system works but when I exit menu the screen stays blank Any ideas The camera is the K-5II

12-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Press the Info button.
12-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kevingun Quote
The LCD screen will not show any info the top works fine but the back LCD screen is just blank live view works the menu system works but when I exit menu the screen stays blank Any ideas The camera is the K-5II
I took the battery out and put it back in and the thing worked fine go figure
12-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Press the Info button.
I tried that it did not work but the battery thing worked thanks

12-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Weird. Were you accidentally recording a movie?
Because usually the info button cycles through the different screen texts (live view without info, live view with info, LCD off). Just press info a couple of times.
12-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Weird. Were you accidentally recording a movie?
Because usually the info button cycles through the different screen texts (live view without info, live view with info, LCD off). Just press info a couple of times.
No I took the battery grip off took the camera battery out and put it back in hooked the grip back on and it worked fine I guess that was the fix but I was trying so many things
it could have been something else
12-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Oh, my K-r also turns display off after a while if its low on battery.

12-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Press the Info button.
I have a K-x, and I discovered that the main screen wasn't showing, but would act exactly like it normally would when you push other buttons. Pressing the info button cycles my camera through the info screen, the main screen, and the screen shut off. Today is the first day it's ever done that... Is this new, or have I not known about it. I hate this, is there any way to fix it permanently?
12-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #9
Veteran Member

As far as I know, on that camera Info button cycling screen modes is perfectly normal. And other models up to K-01 also do this. I think after the K-01, the Info button will actually offer you a menu where you choose what you want displayed, instead of just cycling. But I find the menu to be more annoying. Just hitting Info with your thumb is no big deal, I don't see how it would be a problem.