Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Metz 58 AF-2 stuck on K-30 hotshoe

I shot at a wedding today and at one point wanted to do off camera flash photography, but the flash wouldn't come off. I struggled with it for some minutes (that's like eternity when doing a gig!) and ended by giving up. I'm home now and tried again. I just can't get it off. I've tried jerking it whatnot in different way but it just wont budge. Perhaps someone has a tip I could try?

Edit: I think it might be the locking pin not retracting when I unscrew the flash. Meh

12-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
I shot at a wedding today and at one point wanted to do off camera flash photography, but the flash wouldn't come off. I struggled with it for some minutes (that's like eternity when doing a gig!) and ended by giving up. I'm home now and tried again. I just can't get it off. I've tried jerking it whatnot in different way but it just wont budge. Perhaps someone has a tip I could try?

Edit: I think it might be the locking pin not retracting when I unscrew the flash. Meh
The first time I got my metz flash the same thing happened me. I was like omg the thing is stuck, then I realised you have to unscrew it all the way to fully retract the locking pin. Maybe youve got the same problem?
12-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by striker_ Quote
The first time I got my metz flash the same thing happened me. I was like omg the thing is stuck, then I realised you have to unscrew it all the way to fully retract the locking pin. Maybe youve got the same problem?
I've had the flash for 3 years. The spring mechanism broke I glued the locking ping in retracted position using super glue, and it seems to hold the pin up. I'll go with that for now.
12-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I accidentally created this thread twice. Do follow this one instead: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/120-general-technical-troubleshooting/244...0-hotshoe.html