Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Wireless flash trigger and Pentax IstDs

Hi everyone, I have a Pentax IstDs with a Pentax AF 500FTZ flash unit and I would like to know if it is possible to use a wireless trigger for my flash to use it off hot shoe, if that is possible, what would you recommend to me?

12-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
None of them will support TTL, but the AF500FTZ has decent manual control so you should be fine.

The Cactus V5 is the most recommended trigger. They are one of the more expensive options, but they are the most reliable.

The cheapest option is the PT-04 triggers sold under many brand names, they are cheap made, but don't have problems with sync speed like some of the Yongnuo triggers do.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, flash, istds, pentax, pentax help, photography