Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Need a new viewfinder glass - where to look?

My K100D Super viewfinder is badly scratched and using manual lenses is like taking photographs with cataract now. Someone tried cleaning it as it was oily and ended up scratching it a lot.

I searched through Adorama, Amazon and B&H with no luck. Can someone please help me with options?

I have 3 old Pentax SLRs at home, the MZ50, K1000 and the other unknown. Will their viewfinders fit the K100DS?

As I am in India, there are no service centers here. There is a great camera technician here however who has promised he can change the viewfinder if I get him the glass.

Eagerly waiting for a way out. Thank you for reading. I love MF lenses and use them almost all the time.

12-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is not a recommendation. Simply a 5 second search on the internet

There are lot of similar products

Free Shipping Single 180 Dedree Split Image Focusing focus Screen for Pentax K100 K200 DSLR Camera-in Other Consumer Electronics from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com
12-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think the OP is talking about the viewfinder glass, not the focusing screen.

This thread might help in polishing or replacing the viewfinder glass.
12-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
I think the OP is talking about the viewfinder glass, not the focusing screen.

This thread might help in polishing or replacing the viewfinder glass.
Thank you tomwil for that post. I will try to find a similar plastic polish here as the Novus polish mentioned in the post is not available in India.

I have tried ebay also for a replacement viewfinder "glass" but it does not seem to be available anywhere.

Thanks again.