Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

*ist DS menu scrolling problem

It started after I put in recharged batteries. When I turn the camera on, the set date menu appears on the LCD screen and the selection keeps scrolling thru the options.

It scrolls thru anything on the menu screen.

I had a Tair-3 mounted when the problem first occurred. I suspect I laid the camera on its back and the 4-way menu wheel has got stuck.

It is currently only useable in the current menu settings. Only the mode, aperture, shutter speed and exposure compensation can be changed.

Any suggestions?

12-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it were a WR body, I would say run warm tap water over it; BUT DON'T DO THAT.
Try taking the batteries out, drop a little rubbing alcohol on the wheel and massage it. If that doesn't free up the wheel, a new body might be in your future.
Good Luck
12-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I ran a toothpick around the edge and got out a bit of crud but that did not free it up. At some point, I will resort to ur suggestion at some point and then leave it in a bag of silica gel to dry off the residual moisture.

I have other bodies but am just not ready to let go of the DS yet I think it is the CCD.
12-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Don't use water. Use electrical contact cleaner.