Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Sd card fast enough?

My wife got me a 64 GB SanDisk Ulta microSDXC UHS-I card with an adapter for Christmas. It is rated st 30 MB/s. I read the K-3 review and it indicated that it requires a UHS-I card for that camera to operate well. Is this card good enough? Is it a mistake to use a micro card? Should I have here return it for a 32 gb Extreme or Extreme Pro? BTW this was to replace my 32GB Extreme that I bent badly while it was inserted in my PC, it still works though.

12-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Your right, I didn't notice that write speed. I will exchange for Extreme or Extreme Pro.
12-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kosmoejtg Quote
My wife got me a 64 GB SanDisk Ulta microSDXC UHS-I card with an adapter for Christmas. It is rated st 30 MB/s. I read the K-3 review and it indicated that it requires a UHS-I card for that camera to operate well. Is this card good enough? Is it a mistake to use a micro card? Should I have here return it for a 32 gb Extreme or Extreme Pro? BTW this was to replace my 32GB Extreme that I bent badly while it was inserted in my PC, it still works though.
That card should be fine for everyday use but the k-3 can take advantage of much faster cards such as the SanDisk 95 megabyte per second Extreme Pro. The difference in speed should be very easy to observe, and with your current card, you will notice sluggishness in continuous mode.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not a K3 owner and I have not done tests on the K5, but unless you shoot at high speed continuous all the time, I think a 30MB/s class 10 card should be fine for normal use.