Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #1

Problems Importing from K-50 into Lightroom 5

Whenever I try to import files directly from the camera into Lightroom, occasionally I get the message: "The following items were not imported because they could not be read." Sometimes it will import a few at a time, it seems like I get more success when I select "Copy as DNG".

Has anyone had similar problems or have an idea of how to fix it?

Thanks!

12-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might try a different card or a different reader. Does not sound like a Lightroom problem. Have you tried copying the files from the card to a temporary folder on your harddisk and then importing to LR from there? That might help localize the issue.

Also, are you shooting RAW or jpeg and if RAW are you using DNG or PEF? Copy as DNG should be converting your files to DNG. And I believe it will do that even if they are already DNG.
12-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
You might try a different card or a different reader. Does not sound like a Lightroom problem. Have you tried copying the files from the card to a temporary folder on your harddisk and then importing to LR from there? That might help localize the issue.

Also, are you shooting RAW or jpeg and if RAW are you using DNG or PEF? Copy as DNG should be converting your files to DNG. And I believe it will do that even if they are already DNG.
I think you're probably right. I'm also having trouble copying the files to my hard disk. I'm shooting RAW in DNG. I'll try a different card and see how that goes.

Thanks for your help!
12-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like a card problem, what type of card are you using? Did you initially format it? Do you format it each time after downloading?

12-31-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pketch Quote
I'll try a different card and see how that goes.
it could also be the card reader. I have had problems with older ones reading new types of cards.
01-01-2014, 07:08 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Sounds like a card problem, what type of card are you using? Did you initially format it? Do you format it each time after downloading?
It's a SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC Class 10. I didn't format it the first time I used it, but after getting all of the files off of the card I have formatted it each time.
01-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's a SanDisk Extreme 32 GB SDHC Class 10. I didn't format it the first time I used it, but after getting all of the files off of the card I have formatted it each time.
That's good, are you able to copy the files through the operating system from the camera to the hard drive?

UPDATE: Somebody had the same message and posted on Adobe support, The original poster ended up plugging the cable into a different USB port and the problem was solved. Hopefully you have another USB port and that solves your problem too. I know a lot of USB ports do fail.

01-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #8
Pentaxian

You don't need to reformat each time, you can either use the rear scroll wheel to minimize your picture preview to a folder then use the Live view button to delete them all or go through the menu to the delete feature in it. Also have you updated your DNG converter & camera raw for lightroom to at least 8.2 or 8.3? if you have an older than that version it may not recognize your K50 files, I know it wouldn't open them but am not sure about importing them.