Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #1

K-3 video issues

Hi.

I upgraded to a K-3 this december. Loves the camera, but an issue have come up. During new years fireworks I walked up to see the towns public fire work show. Naturally I brought the camera. Everything worked out nicely, except the occasional Man Behind Camera errors. But then I decided to take a video. It turned out as a video show with still images and the war like noises of the fire works. Imagine a Power point presentation with audio. I took another video to capture a young man risking his own and bystanders lives with rockets. Same result.

I have not been able to replicate the problem. Videos taken after and before behaved as expected. Only these 2. My only clue to what it was is the weather. It was wet and "winter warm". We just had the warmest christmas on record in sweden so it was not very cold. I didn'teven use gloves. Both house and lense are weather coated.

Any ideas as to the problem? Anyone seen this before?

01-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Have tried to play them both in camera and in the computer with different mediaplayers? sounds like a codec issue.
01-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #3

Original Poster
I put the camera for an hour at the balcony to cool it down toe the temperature of the shooting. I could not yet again reproduce the error. Even worse, the files now play nicely on my camera. My latest theory is it was some sort of file transfer problem, but it makes very little sense still.
01-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #4

Hi Filip,

Just curious to know how the focus operated in video mode? Any problems or any tips?

Thanks.

01-02-2014, 02:55 AM   #5

Original Poster
Hi.
As far as I know, the K-3 does not have auto focus in video mode. I manually foucused out to the max since the fire works was high up in the air. There are no problems with the sharpness.