Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K3 front wheel not functioning

Hey,
After changes from K7 to K5 and to K3, my expectations where very high for the K3.

On my second shooting day with the K3, at the GP Sven Nijs at Baal (Belgium cyclocross) , after having taken several multishot pictures, the front wheel didn't seem to work anymore.

At home I've controlled all the menu settings especially those of the e-knob settings, but nothing helped.
Even while in the menu, the front wheel should let you select different subjects in the menu, but it don't do anything anymore.
I've already choosen to return to the original settings by choosing 'RESET', no solution.
I've already actived the software version 1.01, no solution.

Is there anyone who has other suggestions, before I have to return it to the seller shop to let it repair?

WillyKano

01-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #2

Original Poster
I've already tried every mode dial settings, TAv too, but the front wheel doesn't change the shutter speed anymore.
WillyKano
01-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The lens should not behave any different than the K-7 and K-5 you had before, I went through the same sequence and can confirm this.
Last suggestion is do a menu reset.
If you already have done that then it must be faulty and needs to be returned..
01-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

More dial issues from Pentax? Yikes.

01-02-2014, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ofer4 Quote
I havent heard of any till now and my K-3 dials work fine.
If more pop up then maybe it will be a cause for concern, but I get the sense you are premature in your assessment?
01-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you have a battery grip attached? On my K20d sometimes I'll inadvertently turn one of the dials on the battery grip half way between clicks. When that happens the corresponding dial on the body becomes unresponsive. Turning the dial on the battery grip to the next click frees up the dial on the body again. It freaked me out the first time because i was in the middle of a shoot with a model, but now I know exactly what to try if it happens, I hardly miss a beat.
01-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All the wishful thinking aside, sounds like a time to return to seller or send in for service.

01-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maxfield_photo Quote
Do you have a battery grip attached? On my K20d sometimes I'll inadvertently turn one of the dials on the battery grip half way between clicks.
I experienced the same.
01-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ofer4 Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I havent heard of any till now and my K-3 dials work fine.
If more pop up then maybe it will be a cause for concern, but I get the sense you are premature in your assessment?
Ditto...

Steve