Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2014, 03:46 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K5ii firmware 1.3 and Metz 52 af 1

Hello,

I have a problem with my metz 52 - after about almost a year of using the flash (it worked perfectly), it stopped working only on ONE of my k5ii cameras.... The flash works normaly on the other k5ii camera but on the other one it just wont fire.
The other day it fired for one or two shots but now it wont anymore. I just want to know what could be the problem here if anyone can answer or explain that to me I would truly apreciate it.

PS: english is not my native language so pardon for my misstyped words.

01-07-2014, 04:07 AM   #2

-Check the connections between the camera and the flash.
-Does the camera recognise the flash (does the flash sign come on in the viewfinder; does the shutter speed change)
-Does the flash zoom in and out when the lens zooms?
-Can you use the flash wirelessly?
-Is the camera somehow set on Auto flash (and the lighting is bright) or no flash?

The above will show if it is the connection between the flash and the camera or if it is an incorrect setting on the camera that causes it. It cannot be the flash if it works correctly on the other camera.

I hope this helps.
01-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
wyp

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
It is working now...and I do not understand why. The only thing I did was that I tried it again in Av mode and pttl.....and now its working again...

Can you explain to me why could this happen?

regards,

Rob