Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #46
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ok, now it's over for sure.
I'm such a cheapo, jumped at the last moment into the auction and got K200D instead of K10D.
Can't complain about price, and the body looks very clean and gently used. Don't know about shutter count however.
Hello, AA batteries! lol

Last edited by micromacro; 01-10-2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: typo
01-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #47

I used the Energizer single use Lithium AA batteries in my *ist DS and generally got around 1500 shots from a set.
01-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #48
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I'm such a cheapo, jumped at the last moment into the auction and got K200D instead of K10D.
Enjoy your 200D
01-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #49
Veteran Member

The Eneloop type rechargeables work well in this body in my experience. I had problems with some cheaper Lexar SD cards, and even with Sandisk Ultra, but
Sandisk Extreme worked like a charm.

Enjoy.

01-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #50
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by arkav Quote
The Eneloop type rechargeables work well in this body in my experience. I had problems with some cheaper Lexar SD cards, and even with Sandisk Ultra, but
Sandisk Extreme worked like a charm.

Enjoy.
I use class 10 SDHD cards. Sandisk and PNY. Hope it will not be a problem.
As for the batteries, the camera should arrive with Eneloop and charger.

It will be very interesting to compare Pentax and Canon.
01-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #51
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Enjoy your 200D
Thanks!
01-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #52
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I received K200D today, and tried it with Helios 44-4. K-mount set like a glove, not problems at all. I really, really missed that Zenit quality! There is no
problem with focusing, I thought it will be more difficult. Below is the picture of tiny flowers, cropped. Portraits are awesome, but I'm not posting ugly me here

As for the first impression of Pentax, it's not bad at all. It's heavy compare to my Canon SL1, bigger, but comfortable to focus manually.
I love picture colors this camera produces. It's not a camera to walk around with all the time in my shoulder bag; SL1 is really ideal for that.
Navigation menu is weird to me, need to get used into it. It's hard to tell I like it or not yet.

01-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I received K200D today, and tried it with Helios 44-4. K-mount set like a glove, not problems at all. I really, really missed that Zenit quality! There is no
problem with focusing, I thought it will be more difficult. Below is the picture of tiny flowers, cropped. Portraits are awesome, but I'm not posting ugly me here

As for the first impression of Pentax, it's not bad at all. It's heavy compare to my Canon SL1, bigger, but comfortable to focus manually.
I love picture colors this camera produces. It's not a camera to walk around with all the time in my shoulder bag; SL1 is really ideal for that.
Navigation menu is weird to me, need to get used into it. It's hard to tell I like it or not yet.
I have the same Helios 44-4 K lens, and like to use it with my K-20 with split-prism Katz-eye focussing screen. The Helios also works very well for me with the catch in focus feature.

01-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #54
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I have the same Helios 44-4 K lens, and like to use it with my K-20 with split-prism Katz-eye focussing screen. The Helios also works very well for me with the catch in focus feature.
Surprisingly, it's not difficult to focus as I thought. And I love view finder easy adjustment. The memory card on the side (not on the bottom like canon's) is extremely comfortable.
01-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #55

Now I would like to have that "old style" pictures with the convenience of digital technology. I'm a bit annoyed with all digital perfection...
You might be a little bit disappointed with any body you buy, as modern DSLR's generally show that the old lenses are much better performers than what we knew or remember them to be.
01-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #56
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
You might be a little bit disappointed with any body you buy, as modern DSLR's generally show that the old lenses are much better performers than what we knew or remember them to be.
It does not bother me much.
Would be great if DSLR's sensors could produce film quality pictures. Nope. That's the price for convenience.
01-16-2014, 04:52 PM   #57

It does not bother me much.
Would be great if DSLR's sensors could produce film quality pictures. Nope. That's the price for convenience.
When I want photographs with the look of film, I simply shoot film. It doesn't get any easier than that.
01-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #58
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
When I want photographs with the look of film, I simply shoot film. It doesn't get any easier than that.
I discovered recently that there is no place around when I can develop film in one hour like before. All the labs are gone locally. Too bad.
01-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #59

I discovered recently that there is no place around when I can develop film in one hour like before. All the labs are gone locally. Too bad.
You shouldn't be disappointed. Shooting digital caused me to realize just how badly my pictures had been developed by the 1hr. labs all those years I shot film. I will never go back to using those services. Having your film developed by a professional lab is worth it.