Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #46
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,076
Original Poster
Ok, now it's over for sure.
I'm such a cheapo, jumped at the last moment into the auction and got K200D instead of K10D.
Can't complain about price, and the body looks very clean and gently used. Don't know about shutter count however.
Hello, AA batteries! lol


Last edited by micromacro; 01-10-2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: typo
01-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #47
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tamworth, NSW
Posts: 158
I used the Energizer single use Lithium AA batteries in my *ist DS and generally got around 1500 shots from a set.
01-11-2014, 03:14 PM   #48
Site Supporter
patrick9's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Murfreesboro Tennessee
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,353
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I'm such a cheapo, jumped at the last moment into the auction and got K200D instead of K10D.
Enjoy your 200D
01-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #49
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 342
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I'm such a cheapo, jumped at the last moment into the auction and got K200D instead of K10D.
The Eneloop type rechargeables work well in this body in my experience. I had problems with some cheaper Lexar SD cards, and even with Sandisk Ultra, but
Sandisk Extreme worked like a charm.

Enjoy.

01-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #50
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,076
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by arkav Quote
The Eneloop type rechargeables work well in this body in my experience. I had problems with some cheaper Lexar SD cards, and even with Sandisk Ultra, but
Sandisk Extreme worked like a charm.

Enjoy.
I use class 10 SDHD cards. Sandisk and PNY. Hope it will not be a problem.
As for the batteries, the camera should arrive with Eneloop and charger.

It will be very interesting to compare Pentax and Canon.
01-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #51
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,076
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Enjoy your 200D
Thanks!
01-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #52
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,076
Original Poster
I received K200D today, and tried it with Helios 44-4. K-mount set like a glove, not problems at all. I really, really missed that Zenit quality! There is no
problem with focusing, I thought it will be more difficult. Below is the picture of tiny flowers, cropped. Portraits are awesome, but I'm not posting ugly me here

As for the first impression of Pentax, it's not bad at all. It's heavy compare to my Canon SL1, bigger, but comfortable to focus manually.
I love picture colors this camera produces. It's not a camera to walk around with all the time in my shoulder bag; SL1 is really ideal for that.
Navigation menu is weird to me, need to get used into it. It's hard to tell I like it or not yet.

01-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
ivanvernon's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Medina, OH
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,104
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I received K200D today, and tried it with Helios 44-4. K-mount set like a glove, not problems at all. I really, really missed that Zenit quality! There is no
problem with focusing, I thought it will be more difficult. Below is the picture of tiny flowers, cropped. Portraits are awesome, but I'm not posting ugly me here

As for the first impression of Pentax, it's not bad at all. It's heavy compare to my Canon SL1, bigger, but comfortable to focus manually.
I love picture colors this camera produces. It's not a camera to walk around with all the time in my shoulder bag; SL1 is really ideal for that.
Navigation menu is weird to me, need to get used into it. It's hard to tell I like it or not yet.
I have the same Helios 44-4 K lens, and like to use it with my K-20 with split-prism Katz-eye focussing screen. The Helios also works very well for me with the catch in focus feature.

01-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #54
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,076
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I have the same Helios 44-4 K lens, and like to use it with my K-20 with split-prism Katz-eye focussing screen. The Helios also works very well for me with the catch in focus feature.
Surprisingly, it's not difficult to focus as I thought. And I love view finder easy adjustment. The memory card on the side (not on the bottom like canon's) is extremely comfortable.
01-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #55
Senior Member
zekewhipper's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 298
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Now I would like to have that "old style" pictures with the convenience of digital technology. I'm a bit annoyed with all digital perfection...
You might be a little bit disappointed with any body you buy, as modern DSLR's generally show that the old lenses are much better performers than what we knew or remember them to be.
01-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #56
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,076
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
You might be a little bit disappointed with any body you buy, as modern DSLR's generally show that the old lenses are much better performers than what we knew or remember them to be.
It does not bother me much.
Would be great if DSLR's sensors could produce film quality pictures. Nope. That's the price for convenience.
01-16-2014, 04:52 PM   #57
Senior Member
zekewhipper's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 298
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
It does not bother me much.
Would be great if DSLR's sensors could produce film quality pictures. Nope. That's the price for convenience.
When I want photographs with the look of film, I simply shoot film. It doesn't get any easier than that.
01-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #58
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,076
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
When I want photographs with the look of film, I simply shoot film. It doesn't get any easier than that.
I discovered recently that there is no place around when I can develop film in one hour like before. All the labs are gone locally. Too bad.
01-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #59
Senior Member
zekewhipper's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 298
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I discovered recently that there is no place around when I can develop film in one hour like before. All the labs are gone locally. Too bad.
You shouldn't be disappointed. Shooting digital caused me to realize just how badly my pictures had been developed by the 1hr. labs all those years I shot film. I will never go back to using those services. Having your film developed by a professional lab is worth it.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
budget, camera, lenses, pentax, pentax help, photography, pictures, stores, zenit
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Camera for Old Lenses r00ster Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 14 10-11-2013 01:12 PM
Which adapter for these old lenses LouPapy Pentax Q 5 07-09-2013 10:49 PM
Manual for old SMC Lenses 500 1000 1000reflex 135-600zoom RockvilleBob Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 03-21-2013 06:03 AM
Best camera for manual lenses hcarvalhoalves Photographic Industry and Professionals 7 04-07-2012 09:00 PM
choosing aperture for video using old manual lenses eyou Video and Pentax HDSLRs 15 05-22-2010 05:19 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:50 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top