Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #1

Image copying

Is it possible to copy images from one card to another card,by swapping cards within the K30. I know my old Minolta could do it.
Thank you.

01-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If I understand you right, you have images on one card and want to copy them onto another card? I don't believe that is possible on the k-30. There is no internal memory to hold the images while you swapped cards. You would need access to a laptop, tablet or even a cell phone to copy the images to temporarily then write them back to the other card.

Theoretically the k-3 could do it since there are two card slots but AFAIK that is not implemented there.

Did your Minolta have internal memory?
01-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

No digital camera has internal memory to match modern SD card capacity
In any case, what would be the point of doing this?
01-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by geordieman Quote
Is it possible to copy images from one card to another card,by swapping cards within the K30. I know my old Minolta could do it.
Thank you.
Short answer NO.

The only cameras that can do this are ones with two memory card slots like the Pentax K-3 and pentax 645D.

Regards

Chris

01-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The best way to do that would be on a computer with two card readers. I have one built in and a USB card reader, for example. Copy and Paste from one to the other. Or directly from computer to card.

Mine are always transferred to computer at the end of the day. That makes later transfer easy.