Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2014, 05:07 AM   #1

Manual WB with K-5: Set + Reset

Curious whether folks are using the Manual WB settings with their K-5's when shooting raw. Tend to think I "should" learn to use this... as in "good to know". But the question is whether outside of setting up for a studio lighting situation, whether it's likely to be used again... and worth the trouble. I've puzzled through the manual and the after market K-5 User's Guide... but there's not a lot of material here... and it's rather dense. So if you're using Manual WB or CTE or some variant, I'd like to know why, how, and what it accomplished for you.... not an essay, but in as few words as you can or want (not to burden anyone in other words). In the end, I'm just not sure that if you're using Lightroom, it makes the combo of shooting and post-processing easier, or the end product better (to the same extent that getting exposure makes a difference).

And one thing I'd like to know for certain is whether.... once you go to the trouble... it's easy to return the camera to default WB modes (without having to reset the whole machine).

Thanks in advance for your input!

01-16-2014, 12:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I leave my wb in auto, and shoot raw and rarely have to alter in Lr or Ps. Pentax make a very good job of getting the white bal right in auto unlike some other brands.

Easy test is to shoot a few shots under differnt lighting with a white balance card in the shot and then check it In LR afterwards