Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #1

lens element problem

i found this ghost like layer in my lens.. im not sure if its fungus or water damage or dust or jus simply the coating of the lens deteriorating,, can anyone please help me fix this.. i wanted to make the glass clear again.. any advice guys? maybe some DIY instructions?? my lens technician doesnt have an idea on how to clean this lens.. the lens is a bonded lens element.. it looks like 2 pieces of lenses bonded together..

thanks guys..

P.S. .. the two circles you can see on the lens are the LED lights i placed under to light up the background

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Lumia 520  Photo 
01-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it is between two bonded elements it will be very difficult and expensive to repair. Eric has done this for me once. He had to separate the elements, remove the old cement, then re-glue it back together correctly aligned. That's if it is just separation. If there is also fungus involved that might complicate things even more.

Which lens is this? You need to consider the cost of a replacement to decide if it is worth it.
01-15-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You photo looks like a real bad fungus infection infiltrating the glue between bonded elements.

Steve