Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2014, 01:33 AM   #1

cleaning marks on pentax 67 mirror issue

hi everyone, i hope this is in the right post area, im new to this

i have been offered a superb pentax 67II with 90mm lens. Only issue is it has cleaning marks on the mirror. Will this affect the image of any negs taken? will the marks show on the negative, thats what i am trying to work out

any info would be appreciated

cheers

01-19-2014, 01:56 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The mirror gets out of the way to take a photo. It is used to show you what is coming through the lens, so no.
01-19-2014, 01:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Marks on the mirror will not affect image quality as the mirror flips up while the actual photo is taken.
01-19-2014, 02:30 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Marks on the mirror will not affect image quality as the mirror flips up while the actual photo is taken.
many thanks Sterretje and many thanks Arnold, i appreciate this, i could not work out if the mirrors job was to reflect the image onto the film emulsion, so many thanks for this
i have searched on the web about mirrors and the rule seems to be dont touch it or clean it, which is why i was worried. Is it just hugely fragile and cant be touched is that why its a no- go area? a finger print or small mark isnt going to such a big issue in cameras operation?
thanks guys,
its a great forum, i dont know why i didnt sign up years ago, cheers!!!