Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Super-A focusing screen disaster. New one?

So I found out the hard way you shouldn't clean a focusing screen with solvents. Does anyone know if they are easy to replace? And are the compatible across the similar sized cameras - the M range, ME, MX etc?

Thanks all...

:-(

01-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Oh dear, I'd get a repair cost from Pentax, as I don't think on a Super A the part is a user changeable item, that is unless your technically competent, unlike me.
01-27-2014, 02:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Do Pentax still repair 30+ year old cameras?
01-28-2014, 12:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Eric can fix it and likely has a spare used focusing screen in his pile. There is enough that has to be taken off to get at it that its not something you probably want to bother with yourself. Good time for a full CLA, the only extra cost would be the replacement screen since it has to come out anyways during a CLA I would guess.

EDIT: Umm right, just saw your location, wrong side of the pond, that would be Robin (or someone) at Harrow technical you want then. I have no idea what their spares pile is like.