Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2014, 03:20 AM   #1

K5 and K3 difference on DA* lens

Hi there,

I just purchased a K3, and I got 2 AF lens, the DA* 16-50 and the Tamron 70-300 (motorless). The DA* was serviced a year ago for focusing problem, and it now works almost prefectly, I said almost because the old problem came back occasionally, it won't focus or slow focus in rare occasion. I put this lens on the K3 and it won't focus at all, I updated the K3 firmware to the latest but can't fix the problem, but the lens worked on the K5, I then try the Tamron and it worked on both camera. I retry the DA* on the K3 and find it won't focus immediately after the camera power on, but will focus after a minute or so, there is no bad contact problem between the mounts, I don't think the K3 was to blame and I hope not, I know the lens is faulty, but how come it acted differently on 2 camera ? is that the K3 driving power less than the K5 so need to wake the lens up to response ? I don't have other SDM lens to test, and I may give it up if the repairing cost too much, but I still want to know the cause of the problem, any difference between the 2 camera work with SDM lens ?

01-31-2014, 04:31 AM   #2

I have the DA* 16-50 and have used it on my K30 and K3 and it works well on both, better on the K3. I also have several other SDM lenses and no problems. I guess the particular camera could have a problem but think it's more likely to be the lens.
01-31-2014, 05:00 AM   #3

Original Poster
Yes I think so, and I look forward to new lenses from Ricoh, beside the long waited 50-300WR.