Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Advice Needed - Sigma 105 Macro Focus Ring Problems

Today my beloved Sigma 105 macro fell into a comatose state. Since December, the focus ring became very stiff, to the point where AF could not engage and the ring was extremely tight from 1:2 to 1:1 magnification. While I was out today, the focus ring, after shooting at 1:1 magnification for a brief period, went kaput. The lens is now extended to 1:1 length and the focus ring doesn't engage the focusing assembly and freely rotates, preventing me from using the lens for anything besides 1:1 shooting.

I've had my eye on repairing the lens earlier, while I was employed, but with the current state of things, I don't have the funds at the moment to get it repaired. Has anyone else experienced this problem with this fantastic piece of glass? If so, how much did it cost to get it checked out and repaired? Does anyone have an idea of any lens repair places in the San Francisco Bay Area that can handle this or should I send it to CRIS or another repair facility when I can?

Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated, as this is one lens I will never sell as long as I continue to support the Pentax brand.

Thanks,
Brian