Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-22-2014, 11:37 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I really did not think that the presence of the body grip would interfere with a good coupling to the winder crank rotor
Me neither. The little bit of side tension is all it takes to prevent a clean coupling. I consider the grip clearance to be a bit of a design flaw. A millimeter one way or another would correct the issue. Apparently the design teams were not in good communication and/or the QA people were negligent in defining their test cases.

Steve

02-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Me neither. The little bit of side tension is all it takes to prevent a clean coupling. I consider the grip clearance to be a bit of a design flaw. A millimeter one way or another would correct the issue . Apparently the design teams were not in good communication and/or the QA people were negligent in defining their test cases.

Steve
Yes, I think that you are 100% correct here ... just a faction of a millimeter off and it's a problem to couple correctly. Great write up and worth the "like" that I gave it ... Thanks again, and like I said before, wish that I had taken the time to read your review and to think better about this clearance problem before posting ... just in the "bad" habit of going "full blast fast" too often. J
02-22-2014, 12:14 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
just in the "bad" habit of going "full blast fast" too often. J
Ha! Ha! With me it was mostly just forgetting to check both the camera and the winder manuals. There is only so much "combing through the documentation" that a person can do.

Steve
02-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
I added the ME-II winder to my Super Program after I had owned the camera for a few years. I rarely removed the winder after that point. It was still attached when I readied the camera for sale a couple years ago and reattached the grip to the Super Program. You know... I don't think I would have thought to ask if the OP had removed the grip before mounting the winder.

02-24-2014, 05:35 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
I added the ME-II winder to my Super Program after I had owned the camera for a few years. I rarely removed the winder after that point. It was still attached when I readied the camera for sale a couple years ago and reattached the grip to the Super Program. You know... I don't think I would have thought to ask if the OP had removed the grip before mounting the winder.
Yeah, it's just one of those things that escapes you now and then ... J (OP)
02-04-2015, 12:59 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
on the A version, you can separate the Battery from the rest of the grip, and link them by a cord, so no need to hold the weight in the end. I'm looking for that cord by the way, if you find one, i'm interested !

The winder is faster too, and way lighter empty, but heavier when the 8( !!!) AA battery are in it, but i can take between 50 to 100 rolls of 36 exposure before being depleted.

Hey, don't forget to remove the small grip of the Super A, other wise the motor don't fit well.

look at my previous post "edit" to be sure you've checked the obvious
Hi there, did you find one? I have just finished a lengthy forensic examination of a cord bought in a bundle of pentax stuff and it happens to be the Battery Pack A power cord.

Regards