Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-21-2014, 03:52 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ME II winder ... won't work with my Super Program ?!

Bonjour,

I just picked up a ME II winder in a lot purchase and got it working ... it was thought to be broken.

I mounted it on one of my "ME Super" bodies and my "MV-1" body. It worked fine, but next tried it on my "Super Program" and couldn't get it to function correctly ... Winder turns (sounds) upon trigger release pressured but the "Super Program" will not advance.

Am I missing something here? All seemed correctly mounted, etc. I am not really familiar with the "Super Program" ... I just bought it off the PF marketplace very recently.

According to the PF review post, this winder works on the following "Winder for Pentax ME Super and ME. Also fits the ME-F, MG, MV-1, Super A, SuperProgram, Program A, Program Plus, P5 and P50."

Thanks in advance for any input and/or advice ... Salut, J

Here's an image of the ME II winder plus the rest of the lot ...

02-21-2014, 04:14 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The Super A as it's own motor :

but the ME 2 is supposed to work too ... Check the contact, clean them, i guess.

I was wondering, what's the difference between a "Winder" and a "Motor" ? According to B. Dimitrov the ME II is a winder, and the Super A motor is (obviously) a "Motor".

edit : (check the obvious)
- (i'm lazy, let's do it in french !) Vérifie qu'il n'y a pas de cache sur le SuperA au niveau duquel le "Winder" doit entrainer la came du SuperA. J'ai vu que sur le ME il y avait un cache pour ca, peut etre aussi sur le Super A.

- Vérifie que le SuperA a une pile, sinon, c'est le mécanisme du déclencheur qui bloque le système (m'a fallu 2 jours pour comprendre ça la première fois -_-" )

Last edited by aurele; 02-21-2014 at 04:22 AM.
02-21-2014, 04:21 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote

but the ME 2 is supposed to work too ... Check the contact, clean them, i guess.

I was wondering, what's the difference between a "Winder" and a "Motor" ? According to B. Dimitrov the ME II is a winder, and the Super A motor is (obviously) a "Motor".
OK ... thanks. I will double check the contacts and did really know about the Super A Motor ... why the difference, don't ask me J
02-21-2014, 04:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
why the difference, don't ask me J
on the A version, you can separate the Battery from the rest of the grip, and link them by a cord, so no need to hold the weight in the end. I'm looking for that cord by the way, if you find one, i'm interested !

The winder is faster too, and way lighter empty, but heavier when the 8( !!!) AA battery are in it, but i can take between 50 to 100 rolls of 36 exposure before being depleted.

Hey, don't forget to remove the small grip of the Super A, other wise the motor don't fit well.

look at my previous post "edit" to be sure you've checked the obvious

Last edited by aurele; 02-21-2014 at 04:35 AM.
02-21-2014, 04:33 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
on the A version, you can separate the Battery from the rest of the grip, and link them by a cord, so no need to hold the weight in the end. I'm looking for that cord by the way, if you find one, i'm interested !

The winder is faster too, and way lighter empty, but heavier when the 8( !!!) AA battery are in it, but i can take between 50 to 100 rolls of 36 exposure before being depleted.

Hey, don't forget to remove the small grip of the Super A, other wise the motor don't fit well.
OK ... cool and thanks for the info ... (I will be now on the lookout for a motor & cord) ... learn something everyday J
02-21-2014, 04:36 AM   #6
Veteran Member

OK ... cool and thanks for the info ... (I will be now on the lookout for a motor & cord) ... learn something everyday J
i have the original small book that was in the box directly from the 1980's of my dad

What to look for : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/800931504-USE/pentax_power_cord_a.html

02-21-2014, 04:48 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
i have the original small book that was in the box directly from the 1980's of my dad

What to look for : Used Pentax Power Cord A (9.8') for Remote Battery Pack to B&H
OK, thanks ... and guess what ?! I figured out the problem ... REMOVE THE SUPER PROGRAM BODY GRIP !!!

You made me think of this, because before I had mounted the winder quite easily with the body grip still attached ...it seemed to fit and have enough clearance ... but, NO !!!

Kind of feel like a dope , but was going "too fast" as usual ... that extra millimeter or two made all the difference. Thanks again for your precious input ... problem resolved.

Salut et A+, J

02-21-2014, 04:50 AM   #8
Veteran Member

OK, thanks ... and guess what ?! I figured out the problem ... REMOVE THE SUPER PROGRAM BODY GRIP !!!
always start by the obvious , it solve 99% of the problems with this kind of things
02-21-2014, 04:53 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
always start by the obvious , it solve 99% of the problems with this kind of things
Exact ... well, at least I learned about the "A Motor Drive option" ... J
02-21-2014, 06:03 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Exact ... well, at least I learned about the "A Motor Drive option" ... J
if i go to Montamisé for the 6 of April, i will come with it, so you can try it if you want to
02-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #11
Veteran Member

edit : (check the obvious)
- (i'm lazy, let's do it in french !) Vérifie qu'il n'y a pas de cache sur le SuperA au niveau duquel le "Winder" doit entrainer la came du SuperA. J'ai vu que sur le ME il y avait un cache pour ca, peut etre aussi sur le Super A.

- Vérifie que le SuperA a une pile, sinon, c'est le mécanisme du déclencheur qui bloque le système (m'a fallu 2 jours pour comprendre ça la première fois -_-" )
A motordrive is anything over 2 fps.

Last edited by tabl10s; 02-21-2014 at 04:21 PM.
02-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
if i go to Montamisé for the 6 of April, i will come with it, so you can try it if you want to
OK ... reçu "5 sur 5" ... J

---------- Post added 02-21-14 at 18:52 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
A motodrive is anything over 2 fps.
Did not know that the distinction was based on frames/second rate ... merci, J
02-21-2014, 04:08 PM   #13
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yep! I had the same problem when I first got my winder. I included this as a note on my review of the winder. There is a note in the Super Program/Super A user manual instructing the user to remove the grip before using the winder MEII or motor drive A, but the note is not very prominent.

Steve
02-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #14
Veteran Member

OK ... reçu "5 sur 5" ... J

---------- Post added 02-21-14 at 18:52 ----------

Did not know that the distinction was based on frames/second rate ... merci, J
Soyez Le Bienvenu.
02-22-2014, 01:08 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yep! I had the same problem when I first got my winder. I included this as a note on my review of the winder. There is a note in the Super Program/Super A user manual instructing the user to remove the grip before using the winder MEII or motor drive A, but the note is not very prominent.

Steve
Salut Steve,

Just saw your review and wish that I had the common sense to read it first. Thanks for the link to the manual, too.

I really did not think that the presence of the body grip would interfere with a good coupling to the winder crank rotor ... live and learn (to slow down a bit ) ... A+, J