Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2014, 01:03 PM   #1

Problem With Aperture Control Pentax K10D

I am using Pentax K10D with Pentax-M 50mm f1.4..
it was working smoothly but recently the aperture of the lens is wide open all the time even when my aperture is f22.
I had used diaphragm release couple of times continuously and after that my problem occurred..
Now my camera settings are
1-Using Aperture Ring option is- permitted
2-Green Boutton -program line
3- Preview mode -Optical preview..
Also My aperture actuator is in lowest position picture is given bellow..
Please help me to fix this problem..Thank you

Attached Images

02-21-2014, 01:10 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When the lens is mounted, it will always be wide-open. It doesn't stop down until you go to meter or when the image is actually being captured.

Are your photos turning out overexposed all of a sudden? Make sure you're in M mode.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-21-2014, 01:42 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

The aperture control lever is in the same position as on my K10D. This lever will operate without a lens attached (unlike some of the later bodies). Does it move when you operate the DOF preview (the noise is distinctive)?

If the lever operates as it should perhaps the fault is in the lens.
02-21-2014, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you manually work the aperture lever on the lens and is the diaphragm operation "snappy" without hesitation at all apertures?

Oh...and one other thing...You are in M or X mode, right? Any other mode and the lens stays wide open regardless of aperture ring position.

Steve

02-21-2014, 09:31 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you Adam,Stevebrot,and the man with out name ..I have checked what u guys had suggested and every thing is Ok..I can up and down lever manually with out any glitch or any hindrance..I discover the problem was with my lens aperture ring it was a very old lens therefore aperture blades are not smooth so when in great shutter speed it was not getting enough time to close due to stickiness..Thank you Adam I didn't know it kept the aperture always wide open unless you push the shutter button..That advice helped me a lot to figure this out..Thank You guys thank you very much..